The Board applies final written decision estoppel on a claim-by-claim basis; estoppel under § 325(e) (or § 315(e)) does not apply to claims that are challenged in a petition but denied institution.
This blog is not legal advice, but contains general information not applicable to specific matters. We are not acting as your legal counsel unless separately retained in a written agreement signed by us.
- Disclaimed Claims
- Effect of Board decisions
- Expanded panels
- Improper incorporation by reference
- One-year time bar
- Preclusion after filing court action challenging validity
- Real parties in interest / privity
- Request for adverse judgment
- Requests for rehearing
- Res judicata (claim preclusion)
- Who may file a petition
- Archived Decisions